Best Practices: Project Management
This training event gets the attendee ready to meet the challenges of a high-tech, global marketplace to lead small projects and create successes for organizations.
Build a solid base of project management knowledge, best practices, techniques, and tools in this 8 houe CPE event that covers the entire project life cycle. The key to success for your COSO 2013 implementation project to have effective project management.
The use of project management skills is needed by internal control specialists, accountants, auditors, information technology professionals, project leaders and managers. In this CPE seminar, you will review the critical practices and techniques that have been proven necessary for project management success.
While aligned with the Project Management Institute's (PMI) framework, this seminar is specifically designed to focus on the needs of the new project leader. The attendee will acquire the knowledge on how to get projects started and how to be successful as a project leader.
The retail cost of the virtual CPE event is $240.00 for the first attendee from a single organization. Discounts are available for more than one attendee from each organization: (2) $450.00 (3) $650.00 (4) $810.00 (5) $960.00.
To reserve your space, click on the "SIGN-UP NOW!" link in the right margin, complete the registration form, and use the corresponding "Submit Registration Form and Move to Payment Options Page" button for filing the registration and moving to the payment page.
Each attendee will receive 2 Auditing, 4 Business Management & Organization, 2 Information Technology CPE Hours (YB). A certificate of completion will be provided.
Virtual Best Practices: Project Management Events
Future In-person Best Practices: Project Management Events
In response to the Coronavirus Pandemic, we will start providing all our events using a distant learning approach.
In some cities we have local instructors and are providing limited events on a request basis. If you have two or three professionals who would like in person instruction please contact us.
Refer to our Seminar Cities Index for a list of our seminar locations. The individual city
pages provide a listing of topics being presented. Our Seminar Cities by Week provides a
guide to the locations during a calendar week.
Benefits of Attending
- Ensure projects are managed for success from the initiation
- Learn the basics for effectively data gathering and documenting project deliverables
- Understand the role of the project manager, project leader, business analyst, and others in managing projects
- Development of project plans that include realistic scope, schedules, budgets, and risks
- Learn how to effectively track and communicate the project's execution
- Move from being consciously incompetent to being consciously competent in project leadership
^ top of page ^
- The Art of Project Management
- The Importance of Project Life-Cycle
- Best Practices for Planning and Estimating
- Project Deliverables
- Project Risk Management
- Project Internal Controls
- Change Management in an Organization
^ top of page ^
- Attendees will be able to initiate a Project
- Attendees will be able to address the basics of project planning
- Attendees will be able to execute a project
- Attendees will be able to monitor and control a project
- Attendees will be able to close out a project
^ top of page ^
Key Issues on the Agenda
Section 1 - Introduction and Background
- Instructor's Perspective
- Is "It" a Project
- What is Project Management and Leadership?
- Skills Needed
- Organizational Structures
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
Section 2 - Project Charter
- Project Charter Inputs
- Project Concept Approval
- Project Charter Development
- Project Charter Formalization
Section 3 - Project Scoping
- Project Management Plan
- Scope Planning
- Scope Definition
- Project Scope Statement
Section 4 - Task Design and Planning
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Communicating the Project Plan
- Quality Control Points
Section 5 - Project Risk Assessment
- Risk Management - Quality Control
- Identifying Inherent Risks
- Internal Controls to Mitigate Project Risks
- Risk Response Planning
Section 6 - Resource Estimates and Planning
- Purchases and Acquisitions
- Human Resource Planning
- Task Activity Definition
- Task Activity Sequencing
Section 7 - Project Scheduling and Budgeting
- Task Activity Resource Estimating
- Project Scheduling
- Cost Estimating
Section 8 - Project Team
- Mapping the Plan to the Team
- Acquiring Resources
- Developing Resources
- Distrituing Project Information
Section 9 - Project Performance
- Requests for Proposals
- Finding Vendors
- Developing Evaluation Criteria
- Selecting Vendors
- Quality Assurance Procedures
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Project Administration
- Managing the Project Team
- Managing Stakeholders
- Preformance Measurements
Section 10 - Change Management
- Integrated Change Control
- Managing Costs
- Managing the Schedule
- Managing the Risks
- Controling Scope Changes
Section 11 - Closing Out the Project
- Utilizing Quality Controls
- Verifying the Project Scope
- Project Closeout
- Contract Closing
- Releasing Resources
Section 12 - Going Forward
- Ensuring Integrity
- Knowledge Management
- Stakeholders' Interests
- Roadmap to Successful Projects
- Dave's Lessons Learned
top of page
Internal Control & CPA Focused Training Seminars
Corporate Compliance Seminars presents two families of professional continuing education (CPE) seminars:
Internal Control & CPA Focused Training Seminars (Details)
Internal Auditor Focused Training Seminars (Details)
The internal control seminars we present can benefit a variety of attendees:
- Non-accelerated filers who may just be getting their documentation underway for Section 404 compliance,
- Public companies looking to improve their effectiveness and efficiency of their Section 404 compliance,
- Nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies and other groups that want to improve the integration of their governance, risk and compliance (GRC) efforts,
- Executives and Board of Directors members who can gain insights from our "Best Practices" examples to really understand SOX Section 404,
- Anyone finds practical advice from our real-world experience with the implementation of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR).
The internal audit seminars we present can benefit a variety of attendees:
- The new internal auditor can be oriented to the profession and the work,
- Auditors looking for improvements in their approach and knowledge,
- Professionals looking to improve the content of their workpapers and the impact of audit reports,
- Any organization that desires to improve the effectiveness of their internal audit department,
- Audit Managers looking for education concerning current audit issues,
- Anyone finds practical advice from our real-world experience with internal and external auditing.
top of page
Experts Providing CPE Training Events
Corporate Compliance Seminars (CCS) was created by experts who enjoy providing CPE training events. All our experts have years of experience in providing training courses, workshops and consulting on internal controls, internal auditing, information technology, cybersecurity and accounting related subjects. We have focused on SOX, COSO, PCAOB, COBIT, CMMI, GRC, GAAP, IFRS, AICPA, GAO, NAIC, ISO, and IIA Standards. We are your best source for continuing professional education (CPE).
Our programs, live in-person, webinar and on-demand, provide CPE for professionals with CPA, CGA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CMA and CA designations. CCS is focused on providing the best learning programs in using three distinct distribution channels: live in-person events, virtual webinar events and on-demand self-study elearning.
Corporate Compliance Seminars presents CPE to a range of professionals, auditors, accountants, finance staff, compliance personnel, information technology (IT) professionals, Boards of Directors and Audit Committees. We examine the details of risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, Model Audit Rule (MAR) compliance, auditing, internal controls, cybersecurity and compliance, and fraud prevention and detection.
Within the U.S.A. marketplace, Corporate Compliance Seminars allows the attendee to earn NASBA CPE credit.
Our events focus on the details of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) Internal Control Frameworks, ISACA's Control Objectives over Information Technology (COBIT), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Open Compliance & Ethics Group's (OCEG) Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) methodology, PCAOB's Auditing Standard 5 (AS5), AICPA auditing standards, and NAIC regulatory model regulations and acts .
Our live in-person events are generally presented in a small classroom setting with two to five attendees. Over the last few weeks, we have come to the understand we need to provide distant elearning events. We are now in the process of moving all our content to an online available status. We have created distant elearning opportunities using both a virtual webinar event approach and on-demand elearning self-study modules. These two elearning approaches: webinars and on-demand self-study with extended web access to our content into the global continuing professional development (CPD) marketplace. In the webinar elearning events we will limit the number of students to maximize the interaction between the live instructor and attendees. The on-demand self-study elearning modules will be created and offered to meet the NASBA CPE credit requirements .
Our seminars provide CPE for the CPA, CFE, CIA, CISA, auditors and others with effective and engaging internal audit training courses.
Our instructors have had direct experience in the following industries: financial activities, bank, insurance, healthcare, construction, leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, mining and oil & gas extraction, manufacturing, educational, government agencies, transportation, software, technical, hi-tech and agricultural.
top of page