Leveraging SOX Compliance Using COSO 2013
COSO 3 Day CPE Workshops
Compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act has most definitively altered the corporate governance, business processes and information technology controls in the United States, and has affected virtually every organization within the U.S. regardless of their listing status.
SOX was signed on July 30, 2002; since that signing there have been many changes to the compliance "rules". A new "game changer" has arrived in 2013: COSO 2013 Framework. This project was commissioned by COSO to replace the COSO 1992 framework as of December 15, 2014.
Learn how to focus your compliance efforts for the assessment of Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ICFR) which leads to SOX Section 404 compliance. We review the new COSO 2013 framework and how to approach the following goals within the Entity-wide compliance program:
- Cost Control
- Meeting Management's compliance goals
- Compliance Stakeholder Relationships
This is one of several CPE seminars and workshops we present concerning compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This three-day CPE workshop is presented in a training center enviroment where the attendees are focused on the workshop. It designed for compliance managers, controllers, CFO's and others who have to improve the internal control framework and the testing of key controls. We cover in this three day workshop the contents of our four seminars: COSO 2013: Overview of the Framework, The Sequel, ICFR Assessments and IT General Controls.
The standard cost of this CPE workshop is $1,995.00 per attendee. Each attendee will receive 24 hours of CPE credit. Each CPE workshop is limited to the first 20 signups. To reserve your space using the Buy Now Button to place a deposit and fill out a registration form to designate your selected workshop.
You can purchase the COSO documents from the AICPA Book Store. To purchase click here.
Upcoming Leveraging SOX Compliance Workshops
Refer to our Seminar Cities Index for a list of our seminar locations. The individual city
pages provide a listing of topics being present. Our Seminar Cities by Week provides a
guide to the locations during a calender week.
Benefits of Attending
SEC registered companies are faced with making an assessment of their internal controls and preparing to work with their external auditors in 2008 to completely comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. This workshop will position the issuer’s staff to understand the compliance environment and develop deliverables which can be used in 2008 to opine to the external auditors in their compliance with the SEC Management Guidance. You will also understand what the auditors will be needing as input under Auditing Standard 5. The results of attending this workshop will be a better focused compliance program that meets the needs of the issuer and the external auditors. This workshop will be instructed by cost-conscious internal control experts. They have helped dozens of companies comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. They have been presenting compliance seminars throughout the United States since the Act’s ratification in 2004. The instructors will candidly share their experience and present a pragmatic approach to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
top of page
- Top Down Risk Based Approach Defined
- Best Practices to Control Environment Documentation and Assessment
- Entity Level Control Documentation
- Risk Assessment Documentation
- Information Technology General Controls Documentation
- How to Manage Communication with External Auditors and Audit Committee
- Workshops focused on Major Deliverables
top of page
- Attendees will understand top down assessments and their application
- Attendees will learn the compliance requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Attendees will discuss relationship with their external auditors under Audit Standard 5
- Attendees will identify methods for improving their internal control frameworks
top of page
Key Issues on the Agenda
Section 1 - Introduction and Guidance for "Top Down , Risk Based" Assessments
Section 2 - Understanding the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Applying the Best Practices
Section 3 - Internal Control "Frameworks"
Section 4 - Applying Auditing Standard #5
Section 5 - Establishing the Project Team and Project Plan
Section 6 - Assessing the Risks Related to ICFR
Section 7 - Scoping the SOX Compliance Assessment
Section 8 - Selecting and Testing the Entity Level Controls
Section 9 - Selecting and Testing the Activity Level Controls
Section 10 - Selecting and Testing the IT Controls
Section 11 - Forming the Opinion
Section 12 - "Rightsizing" the Compliance Project
Section 13 - Going Forward
top of page
Internal Control & CPA Focused Training Seminars
Corporate Compliance Seminars presents two families of professional continuing education (CPE) seminars:
Internal Control & CPA Focused Training Seminars (Details)
Internal Auditor Focused Training Seminars (Details)
The internal control seminars we present can benefit a variety of attendees:
- Non-accelerated filers who may just be getting their documentation underway for Section 404 compliance,
- Public companies looking to improve their effectiveness and efficiency of their Section 404 compliance,
- Nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies and other groups that want to improve the integration of their governance, risk and compliance (GRC) efforts,
- Executives and Board of Directors members who can gain insights from our "Best Practices" examples to really understand SOX Section 404,
- Anyone finds practical advice from our real-world experience with the implementation of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR).
The internal audit seminars we present can benefit a variety of attendees:
- The new internal auditor can be oriented to the profession and the work,
- Auditors looking for improvements in their approach and knowledge,
- Professionals looking to improve the content of their workpapers and the impact of audit reports,
- Any organization that desires to improve the effectiveness of their internal audit department,
- Audit Managers looking for education concerning current audit issues,
- Practical advice based on our real-world experience with being the auditee, an internal auditor and an external auditor.
Experts Providing CPE Training Seminars
Corporate Compliance Seminars has been created by experts who enjoy providing CPE classroom training, workshops and consulting on internal controls, internal auditing and accounting related subjects. We have focused on SOX, COSO, PCAOB, COBIT, GRC, IFRS, AICPA, GAO and IIA Standards.
Corporate Compliance Seminars presents CPE to auditors, compliance and IT professionals, Boards of Directors and Audit Committees. We examine the details of risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, Model Audit Rule compliance, auditing, internal controls, IT security and compliance, and fraud prevention and detection.
Corporate Compliance Seminars allows the attendee to earn Official NASBA CPE credit.
Our seminars focus on the details of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) Internal Control Frameworks, ISACA's Control Objectives over Information Technology (COBIT), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Open Compliance & Ethics Group's (OCEG) Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) methodology, PCAOB's Auditing Standard 5 (AS5), AICPA auditing standards and the future conversion from GAAP to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Our seminars provide CPE for the CPA, CFE, CIA, CISA, auditors and others with effective and engaging training.