Internal Controls Focused Events
Understanding COSO 2013 Framework Compliance - 2 CPEs
Biweekly on Wednesday's in 2021
Find Next Event Now
The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) updated the "Internal Control Integrated Framework (ICIF) in 2013.
You can purchase the COSO documents from the AICPA Book Store. To purchase click here.
This training seminar overviews the best practices for establishing and sustaining internal control for any organization including public companies under Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). This two hour event is based on SOX compliance requirements and the latest guidance from the SEC, PCAOB, COSO and COBIT.
This training seminar is one of several seminars and workshops we present concerning compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This seminar provides a timely, two hour summary designed for controllers, C-level executives, finance managers, attorneys, IT professionals, CPAs, auditors and department heads. Learn how organizations can create and sustain internal control over financial reporting (ICFR). Your goal may be to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 or to sustain your internal controls as a "Best Practice" without breaking your budget. Improve your situation by having a comprehensive set of internal controls!
Our instructors are experts in risk management, auditing, corporate accounting, executive management, information technology and CPA firm operations. Our goal is to provide expert advice on COSO ERM, COSO, Green Book, FDICIA, COBIT, NIST, ITIL, CMMI, FCPA, PCAOB standards, AICPA standards and cyber risk management.
The retail cost of this 2 CPE seminar is $120.00 for the first attendee from a single organization. Discounts are available for more than one attendee from each organization: (2) $230.00 (3) $325.00 (4) $410.00 (5) $510.00.
To reserve your space, click here on "SIGN-UP NOW!". You have to complete the registration form and use the corresponding "Submit Registration Form and Move to Payment Options Page" button for filing the registration and moving to the payment page.
Each attendee will receive 2 Ethics CPE Hours. A certificate of completion will be provided.
Virtual Understanding COSO 2013 Compliance Events
Benefits of Attending
The basic benefit from this seminar is coming away with an understanding how a sustainable internal control framework mitigates risks to the continued health of the organization.
Sustainable internal control frameworks deliver to an organization: accountable governance, increasingly effective operations, highly reliable financial reporting, and sector-leading compliance programs. The Internal Auditors' (IIA) Research Foundation details the significant benefits from internal control improvements brought about by Section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley:
- It added structure in the year-end closing process and recording of journal entries, resulting in recognition of the additional complexity in these areas.
- It increased anti-fraud activities, including defined processes, which include responsibility for follow-up.
- It improved the documentation of controls and control processes evaluation.
- It improved the definition of controls across the organization, including the crucial relationship between these controls and risk.
- It spurred a return to the foundation of basic controls (e.g., segregation of duties, periodic reconciliation of accounts, and authorization processes) that had eroded as organizations downsized or consolidated operations in order to drive costs down and remain competitive.
This seminar provides a complete overview of a sustainable internal control framework. This knowledge can be used by organizations to derive additional value from the improvement of their internal control framework. The value is created by leveraging the knowledge base built during the assessment process, documentation development, controls testing and the relationships defined across governance processes and business operations to create measurable value.
Three areas of particular focus in the seminar are value enhancement of governance controls, top-down risk management and keeping business process and activity controls in their proper context.
top of page
- Top Ten Internal Controls
- Top Down risk-based Approach to the Internal Control Framework
- The Importance of Internal Controls in Mitigating Risk for Your Company
- Best Practices Learned from the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Internal Control Frameworks of COSO and COBIT
- Risk Management, Business Process Management, and Key Controls
- Testing the Effectiveness of Internal Controls
- Preventing and Detecting Corporate Fraud
top of page
- Attendees will be understand the structure of the COSO Internal Control Framework
- Attendees will be able to describe the "top-down, risk-based" approach to assessing internal control, and be able to compare this approach to their current approach
- Attendees will be able to classify the types of internal controls to manage business operations
- Attendees will be able to identify the compliance requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and apply the best practices to their current practice
top of page
Internal Control & CPA Focused Training Seminars
Corporate Compliance Seminars presents two families of professional continuing education (CPE) seminars:
Internal Control & CPA Focused Training Seminars (Details)
Internal Auditor Focused Training Seminars (Details)
The internal control seminars we present can benefit a variety of attendees:
- Non-accelerated filers who may just be getting their documentation underway for Section 404 compliance,
- Public companies looking to improve their effectiveness and efficiency of their Section 404 compliance,
- Nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies and other groups that want to improve the integration of their governance, risk and compliance (GRC) efforts,
- Executives and Board of Directors members who can gain insights from our "Best Practices" examples to really understand SOX Section 404,
- Anyone finds practical advice from our real-world experience with the implementation of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR).
The internal audit seminars we present can benefit a variety of attendees:
- The new internal auditor can be oriented to the profession and the work,
- Auditors looking for improvements in their approach and knowledge,
- Professionals looking to improve the content of their workpapers and the impact of audit reports,
- Any organization that desires to improve the effectiveness of their internal audit department,
- Audit Managers looking for education concerning current audit issues,
- Practical advice based on our real-world experience with being the auditee, an internal auditor and an external auditor.
top of page
Experts Providing CPE Training Events
Corporate Compliance Seminars (CCS) was created by experts who enjoy providing CPE training events. All our experts have years of experience in providing training courses, workshops and consulting on internal controls, internal auditing, information technology, cybersecurity and accounting related subjects. We have focused on SOX, COSO, PCAOB, COBIT, CMMI, GRC, GAAP, IFRS, AICPA, GAO, NAIC, ISO, and IIA Standards. We are your best source for continuing professional education (CPE).
Our programs, live in-person, webinar and on-demand, provide CPE for professionals with CPA, CGA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CMA and CA designations. CCS is focused on providing the best learning programs in using three distinct distribution channels: live in-person events, virtual webinar events and on-demand self-study e-learning.
Corporate Compliance Seminars presents CPE to a range of professionals, auditors, accountants, finance staff, compliance personnel, information technology (IT) professionals, Boards of Directors and Audit Committees. We examine the details of risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, Model Audit Rule (MAR) compliance, auditing, internal controls, cybersecurity and compliance, and fraud prevention and detection.
Within the U.S.A. marketplace, Corporate Compliance Seminars allows the attendee to earn NASBA CPE credit.
Our events focus on the details of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) Internal Control Frameworks, ISACA's Control Objectives over Information Technology (COBIT), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Open Compliance & Ethics Group's (OCEG) Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) methodology, PCAOB's Auditing Standard 5 (AS5), AICPA auditing standards, and NAIC regulatory model regulations and acts .
Our live in-person events are generally presented in a small classroom setting with two to five attendees. Over the last few weeks, we have come to the understand we need to provide distant e-learning events. We are now in the process of moving all our content to an online available status. We have created distant e-learning opportunities using both a virtual webinar event approach and on-demand e-learning self-study modules. These two e-learning approaches: webinars and on-demand self-study with extended web access to our content into the global continuing professional development (CPD) marketplace. In the webinar e-learning events we will limit the number of students to maximize the interaction between the live instructor and attendees. The on-demand self-study e-learning modules will be created and offered to meet the NASBA CPE credit requirements .
Our seminars provide CPE for the CPA, CFE, CIA, CISA, auditors and others with effective and engaging internal audit training courses.
Our instructors have had direct experience in the following industries: financial activities, bank, insurance, healthcare, construction, leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, mining and oil & gas extraction, manufacturing, educational, government agencies, transportation, software, technical, hi-tech and agricultural.
top of page