Internal Control Focused Events
World Class Enterprise Risk Management - 4 CPEs
Biweekly on Thursday's in 2021
Find Next Event Now
A Practical Approach to ERM
"Effective risk management allows an organization to have the confidence to take risks."
The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) has updated to its Enterprise Risk Management - Integrated Framework in SEptember 2017. The update, Enterprise Risk Management - Aligning Risk with Strategy and Performance, is designed to address the needs of all organizations to improve their approach to managing new and existing risks as a way to help create, preserve, sustain, and realize value.
Corporate Compliance Seminars' professionals have been involved in the design, implementation and assessment of risks for over 20 years. We have conducted assessments, audits and trained thousands of auditors, compliance professionals, IT personnel, executives and Audit Committees in the "textbook" and real-world approaches to managing risk. Our CPE seminars are instructed by auditors and business directors who understand the daily challenges of ERM.
Our CPE seminars are as entertaining as they are informative. Sit back and enjoy; be engaged and educated in a casual atmosphere of information exchange. We will not bore you!
This four-hour CPE course provides you with a more in-depth look at how to implement an ERM program. We will look at the draft of the COSO ERM update.
This CPE seminar is for experienced business professionals. Attendees are required to have a detailed knowledge of the organizaiton's business objectives.
Follow the below links for further detail information:
. Seminar Highlights
. Learning Objectives
. Key Issues on the Agenda
The retail cost of the virtual 4 CPE seminar is $240.00 for the first attendee from a single organization. Discounts are available for more than one attendee from each organization: (2) $455.00 (3) $650.00 (4) $815.00 (5) $1,020.00.
To reserve your space, click here on "SIGN-UP NOW!". You have to complete the registration form and use the corresponding "Submit Registration Form and Move to Payment Options Page" button for filing the registration and moving to the payment page.
Each attendee will receive 4 CPE Hours (YB). A certificate of completion will be provided.
Program Level of Understanding: Basic
Advance Preparation: None
Delivery Format: Group Internet Based
NASBA Field(s) of Study: Auditing
CPE Credits: 4, based on 50 minutes of instruction per hour
Our instructors are experts in risk management, auditing, corporate accounting, executive management, information technology and CPA firm operations. Our goal is to provide expert advice on COSO ERM, COSO, FDICIA, COBIT, NIST, ITIL, CMMI, FCPA, PCAOB standards, AICPA standards and cyber risk management.
Corporate Compliance Seminars is licensed by the AICPA to provide COSO 2013 training.
You can purchase the COSO ERM and/or COSO 2013 documents from the AICPA Book Store. To purchase click here.
Virtual World Class Enterprise Risk Management Events
Benefits of Attending
- How COSO ERM is structured
- How ISO 31000 is Structured
- Key differences betweek COSO ERM and COSO 2013
- Benefits and challenges of the Enterprise Risk Management
top of page
- The Components of COSO ERM and ISO 31000
- Logic presented by the COSO ERM Components
- The structure used to describe the COSO ERM Framework
- How to gauge the effectiveness of Risk Management
- How to build a "Culture of Compliance
top of page
- Defining "risk management framework" within an organization
- Describing the COSO ERM Framework and its documents to management
- Positioning attendees to begin planning how to use ERM
top of page
Key Issues on the Agenda
Section 1 - Introduction and Overview
Section 2 - What is "Risk" and its Impact?
- What is "Risk"?
- What do "Boards of Directors" think?
- Example of taking a big risk
- Defining ERM
- Risk Demensions
- Risk Management Maturity
Section 3 - COSO 2013 Internal Control Framework
- Internal control defined
- Control Environment
- Risk Assessment
- Control Activities
- Information & Communication
- Monitoring Activities
Section 4 - Risk Strategies with COSO ICIF
- Specifies suitable objectives
- Corporate objectives and strategic plans
- Identify and analyze risk
- Enterprise risk assessment
- Financial statement risk assessment
- Financial statement assertions
- Assess fraud risk
- Significant change
Section 5 - Risk Strategies with Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Corporate Responsibility for Financial Reports
- Code of Ethics
- Enhancement of White Collar Crime Penalties
- Why Do We Need Internal Controls?
Section 6 - Risk Strategies with COSO ERM, AS5 and ISO
- Effective Enterprise Risk Management Program
- The COSO Risk Management Model
- Risk Factors from PCAOB AS5
- What is the external auditor supposed to do?
- Information technology risk factors
- ISO 31000: 2009 Risk Management
- COSO ERM 2.0 - "Five Components of Risk"
- Calculating Your "Risk Appetite"
Section 7 - Risk Strategies with ARMICS
- What is "ARMICS"?
- Example of how to approach your "Risk Management Program"
- What about your employee risks?
- Risk software
Section 8 - Risk Reaction and Response
- Fight or Flight?
- 12-Step Program to ERM
- Risk Management is Not Perfect.
Section 9 - Assessing Internal Controls
- Identify the "Key" Controls
- Test and Remediate the Controls
- How Do We Test Controls?
- Identify the Lines of Defense
- Continuous Monitoring of KPI's and Risks
- Achieve the "Risk-Control Balance"
Section 10 - Going Forward
top of page
Internal Control & CPA Focused Training Seminars
Corporate Compliance Seminars presents two families of professional continuing education (CPE) seminars:
Internal Control & CPA Focused Training Seminars (Details)
Internal Auditor Focused Training Seminars (Details)
The internal control seminars we present can benefit a variety of attendees:
- Non-accelerated filers who may just be getting their documentation underway for Section 404 compliance,
- Public companies looking to improve their effectiveness and efficiency of their Section 404 compliance,
- Nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies and other groups that want to improve the integration of their governance, risk and compliance (GRC) efforts,
- Executives and Board of Directors members who can gain insights from our "Best Practices" examples to really understand SOX Section 404,
- Anyone finds practical advice from our real-world experience with the implementation of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR).
The internal audit seminars we present can benefit a variety of attendees:
- The new internal auditor can be oriented to the profession and the work,
- Auditors looking for improvements in their approach and knowledge,
- Professionals looking to improve the content of their workpapers and the impact of audit reports,
- Any organization that desires to improve the effectiveness of its internal audit department,
- Audit Managers looking for education concerning current audit issues,
- Practical advice based on our real-world experience with being the auditee, an internal auditor and an external auditor.
Experts Providing CPE Training Events
Corporate Compliance Seminars (CCS) was created by experts who enjoy providing CPE training events. All our experts have years of experience in providing training courses, workshops and consulting on internal controls, internal auditing, information technology, cybersecurity and accounting related subjects. We have focused on SOX, COSO, PCAOB, COBIT, CMMI, GRC, GAAP, IFRS, AICPA, GAO, NAIC, ISO, and IIA Standards. We are your best source for continuing professional education (CPE).
Our programs, live in-person, webinar and on-demand, provide CPE for professionals with CPA, CGA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CMA and CA designations. CCS is focused on providing the best learning programs in using three distinct distribution channels: live in-person events, virtual webinar events and on-demand self-study e-learning.
Corporate Compliance Seminars presents CPE to a range of professionals, auditors, accountants, finance staff, compliance personnel, information technology (IT) professionals, Boards of Directors and Audit Committees. We examine the details of risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, Model Audit Rule (MAR) compliance, auditing, internal controls, cybersecurity and compliance, and fraud prevention and detection.
Within the U.S.A. marketplace, Corporate Compliance Seminars allows the attendee to earn NASBA CPE credit.
Our events focus on the details of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) Internal Control Frameworks, ISACA's Control Objectives over Information Technology (COBIT), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Open Compliance & Ethics Group's (OCEG) Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) methodology, PCAOB's Auditing Standard 5 (AS5), AICPA auditing standards, and NAIC regulatory model regulations and acts .
Our live in-person events are generally presented in a small classroom setting with two to five attendees. Over the last few weeks, we have come to the understand we need to provide distant e-learning events. We are now in the process of moving all our content to an online available status. We have created distant e-learning opportunities using both a virtual webinar event approach and on-demand e-learning self-study modules. These two e-learning approaches: webinars and on-demand self-study with extended web access to our content into the global continuing professional development (CPD) marketplace. In the webinar e-learning events we will limit the number of students to maximize the interaction between the live instructor and attendees. The on-demand self-study e-learning modules will be created and offered to meet the NASBA CPE credit requirements .
Our seminars provide CPE for the CPA, CFE, CIA, CISA, auditors and others with effective and engaging internal audit training courses.
Our instructors have had direct experience in the following industries: financial activities, bank, insurance, healthcare, construction, leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, mining and oil & gas extraction, manufacturing, educational, government agencies, transportation, software, technical, hi-tech and agricultural.
top of page