Internal Auditor 201: Audit Senior Training Seminar
Small group leadership is the key to the day to day effectiveness of the Internal Audit Department. This one-day CPE training seminar focuses on the skills that need to be exercised by the Audit Senior.
As a follow-up to Auditor 101, Auditor 201 helps professionals in becoming Senior Auditors and leaders for their audit teams. New small audit team leader must supervise so that every project meets audit managements expectations.
This CPE training seminar gives Audit Seniors insight into how to review a file, manage a project and drafting audit reports. Additionally, this course will cover the interpersonal skills to supervise the audit team and interactions with the auditee's, even audit management. Auditors should not get promoted without taking this training seminar.
This timely, one-day CPE training seminar is designed for the internal auditor moving up to a team leadership position and others who have to create lead small audit teams.
Follow the below links for further detail information:
. Seminar Highlights
. Learning Objectives
. Key Issues on the Agenda
The retail cost of this CPE seminar is $495.00 for the first attendee from a single organization. Discounts are available for more than one attendee from each organization: (2) $940.00 (3) $1,340.00 (4) $1,680.00 (5) $1,980.00.
To reserve your space, click on the "SIGN-UP NOW!" link in the right margin, complete the registration form, and use the corresponding "Submit Registration Form and Move to Payment Options Page" button for filing the registration and moving to the payment page.
Each attendee will receive 8 Auditing CPE Hours (YB). A certificate of completion will be provided.
Virtual Internal Auditor 201 Events
Future In-Person Internal Auditor 201 Events
In response to the Coronavirus Pandemic, we will start providing all our events using a distant learning approach.
In some cities we have local instructors and are providing limited events on a request basis. If you have two or three professionals who would like in person instruction please contact us.
Day - Date
Refer to our Seminar Cities Index for a list of our seminar locations. The individual city
pages provide a listing of topics being presented. Our Seminar Cities by Week provides a
guide to the locations during a calendar week.
top of page
- Develop knowledge and understanding of The IIA Standards for successful performance of internal audits.
- Learn the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) critical to performing internal audits in all organizations and passing the CIA exam.
- Be able to assist management of organizations being audited to have the most successful receipt of an internal audit.
- Learn the practices and skills for the successful performance of internal audits. Understand how to use technology to support the internal auditor.
- Become familiar with ways in which an organization can adapt to better compete in the global marketplace.
- Understand The IIA Code of Ethics and the importance of the actions of internal auditors in performance of audits.
- Be able to correctly evaluate and suggest improvements to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes throughout the organization.
top of page
- Attendees will understand how an audit is conducted
top of page
- Attendees will learn how to identify risks
- Attendees will learn how to evaluate and document internal controls
- Attendees will discover the best techniques for gathering audit evidence
- Attendees will see the importance of preparing workpapers
- Attendees will understand the audit communication process
Key Issues on the Agenda
top of page
Experts Providing CPE Training Events
Section 1 - What are the Senior-Level Internal Auditor Responsibilities?
- What is "Internal Auditing"?
- What Shouldn't an Internal Auditor Do?
- Managing the Audit
- Analytical Review
- New Audit Focus is on RISK!
Section 2 - What Guidance is Available?
- Auditor Guidance Sources
- What are Internal Controls?
- IIA International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
Section 3 - What is the COSO 2013 Update and What Should I Do About It?
- Guidance from COSO
- Summary of 2013 COSO Updates
- Advice to Implement the New COSO
Section 4 - How Do We Manage the "Audit Life Cycle"?
- Division of Responsibilities
- The "Internal Audit Life Cycle" Manager's Perspective
- Dissecting the Internal Audit
- Audit Project Time Allocation
- How Do We Plan the Internal Audit?
- risk-based Audits
Section 5 - Should Internal Auditors Conduct Financial Audits?
- External Auditing Differ from Internal Auditing?
- How Do We Test the Financial Transactions?
- Methods of Internal Control Testing?
- Is the Sample Size Appropriate?
Section 6 - "Frauditing" - Are We Supposed to Audit for Fraud?
- Fraud Risk Assessment
- Where is Fraud Most Like to Occur?
- Behavioral Red Flags
- Categories of Fraud
- Anti-Fraud Controls
Section 7 - How Do We Conduct an Operational Audit?
- How Do We Manage Operational Audits?
- Examples of Operational Audits
- Assess the Segregation of Duties
Section 8 - Do Performance and Compliance Audits Add Value?
- Should We Perform Compliance Audits?
- Auditor Guidance: Federal Legislation
- Internal Control for Public Companies
- Sarbanes-Oxley "Raised the Bar"
Section 9 - Do We Need to Conduct IT Auditing?
- IT Auditing
- "General Computer Controls"
- "Application Computer Controls"
- Recommended IT Controls
Section 10 - Can We Improve the Audit with Software?
- Data Analysis/ Monitoring
- Audit Management
- Risk Management
Section 11 - How Do We Conclude the Internal Audit?
- Audit Manager Assessment of Findings
- Examples of Categorized Findings
- Audit Manager Review
- Quality of the Audit Report
Section 12 - Summary
Corporate Compliance Seminars (CCS) was created by experts who enjoy providing CPE training events. All our experts have years of experience in providing training courses, workshops and consulting on internal controls, internal auditing, information technology, cybersecurity and accounting related subjects. We have focused on SOX, COSO, PCAOB, COBIT, CMMI, GRC, GAAP, IFRS, AICPA, GAO, NAIC, ISO, and IIA Standards. We are your best source for continuing professional education (CPE).
Our programs, live in-person, webinar and on-demand, provide CPE for professionals with CPA, CGA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CMA and CA designations. CCS is focused on providing the best learning programs in using three distinct distribution channels: live in-person events, virtual webinar events and on-demand self-study e-learning.
Corporate Compliance Seminars presents CPE to a range of professionals, auditors, accountants, finance staff, compliance personnel, information technology (IT) professionals, Boards of Directors and Audit Committees. We examine the details of risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, Model Audit Rule (MAR) compliance, auditing, internal controls, cybersecurity and compliance, and fraud prevention and detection.
Within the U.S.A. marketplace, Corporate Compliance Seminars allows the attendee to earn NASBA CPE credit.
Our events focus on the details of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) Internal Control Frameworks, ISACA's Control Objectives over Information Technology (COBIT), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Open Compliance & Ethics Group's (OCEG) Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) methodology, PCAOB's Auditing Standard 5 (AS5), AICPA auditing standards, and NAIC regulatory model regulations and acts .
Our live in-person events are generally presented in a small classroom setting with two to five attendees. Over the last few weeks, we have come to the understand we need to provide distant e-learning events. We are now in the process of moving all our content to an online available status. We have created distant e-learning opportunities using both a virtual webinar event approach and on-demand e-learning self-study modules. These two e-learning approaches: webinars and on-demand self-study with extended web access to our content into the global continuing professional development (CPD) marketplace. In the webinar e-learning events we will limit the number of students to maximize the interaction between the live instructor and attendees. The on-demand self-study e-learning modules will be created and offered to meet the NASBA CPE credit requirements .
Our seminars provide CPE for the CPA, CFE, CIA, CISA, auditors and others with effective and engaging internal audit training courses.
Our instructors have had direct experience in the following industries: financial activities, bank, insurance, healthcare, construction, leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, mining and oil & gas extraction, manufacturing, educational, government agencies, transportation, software, technical, hi-tech and agricultural.
top of page